Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2: Readwell organization

In December, we started a whirlwind trip into Readwell. During the break, I reconfigured my room so I would have a different small group area. I also worked on my whole group area. That is what I want to share today that I organized. I wanted to have all of my whole group materials within arm's reach so I turned one of my boxes around. I had been storing puzzles in it for my puzzle center.(Here it is in the puzzle center without the puzzles.)

Then I moved all the box of trade books from Readwell into it. I had some more room and wanted to put other things in there. I realized that the Capri Sun box that I had saved was the perfect size to store the pocket chart cards. I cut it apart and covered it with contact paper. I have the cards in the front and my cds in the back. I had just enough room to fit the lap books inside it. Since I moved the "house" bookcase out, I now have all of my Readwell materials right at my fingertips.
I think it is going to work out really well. Plus, I love making functional things from something I would just throw away.




No comments:

Post a Comment