Sunday, November 15, 2009

BP13_2009113_PeerReviewEduslide

Monday, November 2, 2009

BP4_2009111_web_2.0_tool


The Web 2.0 tool that interested me is Eduslide. With Eduslide I can create my own e-learning modules, tutorials, videos, etc. These multimedia assets can also be password protected allowing me to invite whoever I like. It allows anyone to create educational content and deliver it online for free. The content can be testing modules, wikis, chat, blogs, slideshows and more.

After completing some of the tutorials, I began to work on developing material on Digital Storytelling, which is part of ARP. I have developed a simple slide show for teachers to share with their students explaining Digital Storytelling and how they can use it to share and learn from other students across the globe.

If I want to share Digital Storytelling, or other media asset ideas with teachers, Eduslide will allow me to keep all of my material in one space, accessible to teachers, etc., without them having to store it on their computers or servers. I would not have to keep all my material on my laptop to take from school to school. All I have to do is log in to Eduslide.

Another great feature of Eduslide is that it is available in English, German, Spanish and French. This would allow for cross-cultural collaboration between students that might speak a different language.

In reviewing the courses that I could access on Eduslide, I was surprised to see that there were not only courses for adult learners but also that there were also some classes I could access for younger students, as well.

Another possible use for Eduslide would be to use it to make some of my onground classes more hybrid in nature. With ease I could create accompanying materials on my own without having to bother my institution for the storing of the information.

All in all, I am excited to use this tool in my existing courses as well as using it in my ARP.

For more information on Eduslide

http://www.eduslide.com

1 COMMENTS:

Tia Foster said...

Hey Darla,
This tool seems like it could be very valuable. I am not sure if I could use it with my digital storytelling ARP, but I do have to present a fair amount of professional development for my colleagues as well as helping them to navigate different technological problems. I could use this tool to create something that would do that for me. Then I would just have to direct each new person here instead of redoing the entire process each time. I also find it interesting that it has an educational as well as a professional side. I would be interested to know exactly how each one is different. I am sure that I would start with the free application first before checking out the paid one.

No comments:

Post a Comment